Was out at Norwich harbor yesterday afternoon,and was chatting with a gentleman who was telling me about a potentially fatal accident that occured That morning. Apparently to guys were out on there 17' foot boat anchored off heading up river towards greenville Dam but just around the corner under the bridge,apparently there anchor somehow wrapped around something and with the current and wind, wich was gusting at about 40 mph, spun the boat and flipped it , which then capsized the boat was completely verticle submergerd,both guys screaming floating down the river they floated just out of range of people to grab The FD and PD showed up on the scene a bass boat flew up and tried to pull the first guy out of the water, but weighed about 300 pounds litterally soaking wet,so he dragged the man to the big
dock where there were a couple fisherman waiting to pull him out.
one of wich was the guy From Haddam that told me the story. The other guy they pulled out down near the condos. Both men were taken to the hospital and released later. one man showed up while i was there to take out his boat which was retrieved by dragging from one of the marina boats. The Men were understandably shaken there PDF's saved there lives.

Posted Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:42 am

i heard about that,there i alot of current comming down the shetuket river.alot alot of hazzards underwater up there.anyone not wearing pfds at this time of year are nuts.you dont have much time befor hypothermia sets in.good thing there were boats out there.i been there where no boats were out,glad everyone ok

Posted Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:58 am

That water has been crankin in that area for a couple weeks now.
Glad they made it out ok.
Were they catching anything at the dock when you were there Paul??

Posted Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 pm

It was windy and like you said the water was ripping i couldnt get down deep enough the jig em out but there were a couple brought in by others but not many and nothing of size didnt stay long.
Take care
Paul

Posted Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Gotcha Paul.. I would try and stay to the left corner of that dock and throw almost upstream if not 10 o'clock when the water is running this fast...my best guess for what it's worth.

Posted Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:01 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links