hit up hanover about 4 oclock with a buddy. slow at first, but then it picked up quick. caught all on small jigs with craw type trailers. green/pumpkin and black. and my buddy used a senko wacky rigged with a bullet weight to hop it off the bottom like a jig.

this was the biggest, guessing 2lbs? caught 8 bass total and a couple chunky perch.

[/img]

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Nice bro!!!

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Nice. I fished and took loads of picks when they dropped the water the other week. Absolutely slammed big bass (3 over 4lbs, 1 6lb + lots of 1-2 and perch) on a 3" storm shad and a curl tail. Wasn't even bothering w/ finess as the big fish were hitting the moving bait. Didn't realize there is a car submerged in the water off the drain along the future trail extension. Bass were schooling off it. Really got to see all the contours and structures exposed. Hanover is my local as I live above the linear trail.

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:09 pm

nice catch dude. went on 3/30 again with my buddy and caught some more. heres some more pics.

Posted Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:23 am

Hey! Nice running into you today. Also nice to catch fish. Should only get better over the next few weeks.

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

likewise, im headin there today with a buddy, hopefully a good day with sun out.

Posted Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:52 am

Had a discussion with a few fellow fishermen today about closed season designation. The way I read the regs in the Angler's Guide, Hanover Pond in Meriden is open year round. Everyone else in the discussion said it is closed because the Quinnipiac River flows into and out of it. They're telling me I am misreading the regulations. Page 8 states that lakes & ponds are open year round unless specified differently in the lakes & ponds section. Page 24 has Hanover listed, and it doesn't say closed season. Wonder why, because the state stocks the Quinnipiac just north of the pond. Trout are able to migrate into the pond.
Any thoughts?

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:31 pm

thought about that too, but like you said, in the regs, it says no closed season for hanover. So play ball Very Happy

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 am

I've fished it while talking with a DEP guy during the closed season. The only thing I can't get them to confirm is exactly where it closes. I've asked, I've e-mailed, etc. I would avoid fishing below the bridges. Going there today.

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 am

Hanover pond open year round for anything. Closed season from red bridge north to carpenters dam from feb 28 to third sat in april. Fish Hanover anytime you want.

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Been hammerin bass the last few afternoons. 5 in the 1-3 lb. range yesterday in 25 min. on a Booyah buzzbait. After they got tired of seeing that I switched to frags and got 3 more before calling it an afternoon.

[/img]

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 2:51 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links