I am from upstate NY. Fished Lake Champlain on a daily basis! Caught a lot of beautiful fish! I have been in CT for 2 years. I don't have a boat anymore. I have been fishing CT by foot for 2 years now. Mostly the CT River and connected rivers,streams,brooks,etc. I have had more productive trips every fishing trip here in CT compared to Lake Champlain(and I'm on foot here)!

I fish for Bass! Thats pretty much it. Other than occasional Trout trips! No live bait!

For my 1st post I will relinquish a spot that is a worthy destination! East River Drive in East Hartford! It is a long park. 2 Bridges you can fish under, river connecting to the CT river also! I have caught fish every time there! Ranging from the largest perch I have ever seen, striped bass, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and pike! There are deff. more species! I have spoke to many people there fishing with live bait! I can only speak for what I have caught!

Good luck, please post other locations and information!

Joe

Posted Sat May 19, 2007 8:41 am

Hey Joe,

I've never fished that spot before, but it sounds like a nice place to check out...I think I know the area you are talking about. Right along the river there in East Hartford. It looks like you got a nice sized large mouth based on your photo.

You know you can also plot your trip on the map so users can know exactly the bridges and locations you are talking about. Below are the basic steps if you decide to do it.

1. Click the My Trips tab.
2. Enter a title and description for the trip and mark as "Everyone can view"
3. You will then be brought to the Map page in Edit Mode.
4. To the right is the tackle box. If you click on Find Location, you can type in "East River Drive East Hartford, CT" and zoom right to that location.
5. Then just click on Add Hotspot and click a point on the map where you caught your fish.
6. Upload photos, add fishing details, etc.
7. That's it, now the trip is plotted for all to see.

I think it will be great to get more and more people to plot trips on the map. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted Sat May 19, 2007 9:01 am

I have added it to my trips, for everyone to view!

Posted Sat May 19, 2007 11:25 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links