Wheres the best place to fish in ct

Posted Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:45 pm

What do you want to fish for and how?

Posted Sat May 24, 2008 9:30 am

lm and sm bass also cat with lures worms plastic and real and occasionally shiners

Posted Sat May 24, 2008 1:40 pm

What part of the state do you call, home? Are you mostly shore fishing or boat? Connecticut has plenty of bass lakes & ponds. Candlewood + Squantz are both great sm+lg moulth bass lakes.
There are many more. Take a look at the Ct anglers guide. It lists
lakes + ponds, what fish are in them and where to park or launch.
If you are interested in any lakes-ponds please list them. If I have fished them, I will try to help. I have fished all over the western half of the state and some east of the ct river.

Posted Tue May 27, 2008 8:16 pm

i live in west haven and fish lakes and ponds we went 2 east haddam at the moodus resv. which wasnt good went to maltby and quite a few others in wallingford and branford

Posted Wed May 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. If you like small lakes+ponds I'll list my favorite bass ponds for you. All can be fished much better from a kayak, canoe, or small boat. All are wooded with few or no houses on them. All are loaded with bass.
South Spectacle in Kent. It's a 1/2 mile walk in but well worth it.
My next favorite is Hatch Pond also in Kent. This pond has a boat launch. Also the most shore fishing of the ponds I am listing. My last one is closest to me, but has the least fish. Hancock Brook Lake in Plymouth it's a great peaceful place for a paddle. There are no houses or powered boats on this lake. This pond is also the only one I listed that is stocked with trout.
I hope this helps. Good luck.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

thankyou for telling

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:59 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links