Looking to buy a kayak or canoe to fly fish in smaller lakes,ponds and bay areas on the shoreline.Looking for best stores to deal with plus any FYI on the subject. I used to shoot rapids in a canoe but never fly fished from one and fly fishing is what I do. Also any info on Freedom Hawk kayaks if you've seen them in action or own one. Go to freedomhawk.com

Thanks

Posted Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:58 am

crazyhorse:

If you are interested in a good all around stable boat I would suggest the Ultimate series from Native Kayak. I have been using the Ultimate 12 for 4 years now and I have no complaints.

As far as a dealer I purchased mine from North Cove Outfitters in Old Saybrook and recently have been dealing with the people in Collinsville Ct on the Farmington River. I like these people a lot. They are into the sport of kayaking. I know they carry Native Kayaks.

I use mine mostly in lakes in CT. Just today I was at Candlewood bass fishing. The ultimate is comfortable. What I like about it is that it is very stable and the seating is comfortable.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any other ?.

By the way my model is strictly paddle but there are others with electric motors and / or you can ped like a bike.

Posted Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links