It was definitely a trip I will not care to remember, there were several things the Eastman's operation pulled on this trip that has left me with a lousy opinion of them. Including canceling Sat's trip to double up on the fairs on Sunday, there clearly was no weather issue as stated on their website. From a business standpoint it was a no brainer, from a customers standpoint it was a terrible experience, except for those on the bow. I'm not going to go on and on which I could, Eastman's fishing fleet SUX in my opinion, I shouldn't say just in my opinion, many UNHAPPY fisherman were not happy with the way the trip was handled and will not be back was the buzz in the cabin on the ride in.
It was definitely a trip with an agenda as Mac stated which really makes a slow trip that much worse. I can handle a day of not catching fish but when the captain is working against you it leaves a bad taste for sure!

At least I was on the water and not sitting in front of the tv Razz

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 am

WOWWOWWOW....I really dont know what to say....ummmm,yes I do....."Yankee fleet better choice"....Marc is one big POS....if I had been on this boat and he was pulling his usual fukked up stunts I prob would have been thrown overboard or they may have had to call the CG to come and get me....(Lung ,please do elaborate/dont bite your tongue,lets hear it).....actually surprised he didnt take you to his redfish honeyhole so you could load up...thats all he is good for and then he could have sold you a bag to put your dinky little filets in....I really feel badly for you two and when I get back from my 6 pak next week(mac,on a boat that is affiliated with Eastmans!) I will offer you two a bunch of pollock filets...last year we had 75 pollock and 30 haddock...year before that we had 160 haddock.

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:19 am

tbob55

I really feel badly for you two and when I get back from my 6 pak next week(mac,on a boat that is affiliated with Eastmans!) I will offer you two a bunch of pollock filets

I will gladly accept any extra you come across. Hooked on fresh fish. Thought i would be all set after Sunday. Boy, was I wrong.
I will be available for winter cod trips on occasion. Love big fillets.
Definitely keep trying.

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Just read Eastman's report for our trip on Sunday. they had the nerve to say that the bow was 8-10 per person and 2-4 on the sides and stern. What the F*%# were they smokin. If you averaged the sides and stern catch you would have 0.02 fish per person. I wish they had a comments section on their site, I would lambaste the s___ out of them. What a low class outfit.
Bump in the road my ass.
Wow, feel better after venting.

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Ahhh....the joys of partyboat fishin.....bet you 2 were smokin all the way home too....I would have been a miserable fukk......but they did mention a "bad tide".....Bwahahaha.

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:47 pm

OUCH!

12/5/11
Good again!

Not the massacre of Friday, but VERY good. From the cabin doors forward close to 30 pp, cabin doors aft 12-15. Still alot of tide in the morning. Capt Mark was more patient today and waited the tide out, as soon as it let go the bite was on. Big crowd and with the tide alot of tangles in the morning, but as soon as that tide let go it was lock and load. Perfect day, for september, never mind December

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:17 am

Yeah I saw that, I'm not gonna dwell on it, I'm gonna let dead dogs lie. It was what it was

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:56 am

The key word in the above report is "PATIENT". That is Eastmans secret code for Mark finally gettin lucky and anchored up over the fish and let everybody do some catchin!

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:14 am

Rule of 3. 30pp and 12-15pp = 10pp and 4-5pp. Always works with party boats. I say, show me the video! Smile

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:14 pm

The Bastids are at again already! here is their "update"

"Because of Thursdays morning inclement weather we are pushing all Thursdays reservations to Fri/Sat/Sun or Mon. None of the days are crowded yet.
Capt les Jr"

"pushing all Thursdays reservations to Fri/Sat/Sun or Mon" Translation, they know if people are trying to go Thursday they will opt for the Fri trip because they were not interested in going on the weekend or the following week.
Which in turn gives them a packed boat for Friday, how nice! They won't be seeing me again until I hear they have quit playing these games and quit reserving the stern and bow for their cronies.

I will admit that Thursdays conditions are good reason to cancel unlike last Fridays

Posted Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:51 am

My question is: What do they consider crowded?
70 people instead of 68?

Posted Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:43 pm

I just heard thru the grapevine that the Lung was out on the ocean again today and he did not fare well at all again!It seems that he doesnt do well without me by his side coaching/advising on what to do and when. Hopefully he will finally realize this and not do it again unless I am with him. Not to worry Lunger....I will put you on the fish real sooooon.

Posted Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:28 pm

It was a good day on the water....

Posted Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Damn you tbibidty....is nothing sacred???
Big John kicked my butt today with three keeper tog and some shorts on his first time tog fishing, I managed 1 keeper and some shorts.

It was a tough day moon and wind wise but I will say I was VERY impressed with the boat 7B's, TOP notch operation!
The mate Billy, is second to none. The Capt made a great effort to put the boat on fish better than I have seen any boat I have been on that I can recall. Fishing's fishing but WOW was I impressed with the 7B's

Posted Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:50 pm

I have informed Mr.Lung that I aim to be fishing by the end of the week....weather permitting.....suggested it would be prudent of him to join me if he wants to put some meat in his freezer.

Posted Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links