Looking for a light reel to match up with my ugly stick lite, lite action pole 4-8lb rated. I am specking out two reels and i was set on the diawa advantage 2000 but the person at the store tried to convince me the Shimano Symetre FJ, was the better option for the money. I have not had a chance to use either, there both the same price but the advantage is on major sale.... let me know what ya think....

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Hey. Not sure I can be of much help but here is my $0.02. When comparing reels and it comes down to the last two I start looking at what I'm getting for my money. Things like how many ball bearings,do I get a spare spool, etc. I may also look at whatever reviews I may be able to find online for the reels. Next it really helps to shop at a place that has a lot of reels that you can pick up and play with like Cabelas. Which one feels better,more solid,lighter,smoother,etc. Lastly and this is just my opinion,I've owned a fair share of Shimanos,pretty good reels,can't recall ever having one that was a piece of crap so I lean in that direction as I don't think I've ever owned a Diawa so I have no educated opinion on them.

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 am

well i got the diawa. Its what i wanted and it was on a good sale, 99.99 at tackle warehouse. Normaly there at least 30 more and i have seen nothing but good reviews on them. i think everything will be kick butt so stay tuned to the review...

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:09 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links