hello everyone! i have only been able to escape work and the family 2 or 3 times this year to get out and fish for a couple hours. it was so nice to be out and hear the water and think by myself for a little bit, but it would have been so much nicer if i was catching some fish! i haven't caught a thing all year yet! whats biting? where are fishing? what bait is hot right now?? are the weak fish still around? large striper? blue in yet? i know i ask alot of questions, but i need help help. i have some friends coming up from florida, and they want me to take them fishing, i don't want to look like an idiot out there. thanks for any help!!

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 am

I went surf fishing with my son Thursday afternoon. We walked out to Sandy Point in West Haven. Lots of Blues caught, on poppers and tins. No Weakfish observed, and only saw one schoolie caught.
It still was a nice night to be out.

Posted Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 pm

great Exclamation thanks for the tip! Very Happy i think i'll head out there sunday. did you prefer the incoming or outgoing tide Question

Posted Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:06 am

I have never fished around new haven sandy point, can porgies be caught off of this location?

Thanks in advance

cenrique

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

not too much structure at the point to hold any porgys, probably have better luck down near savin rock and the rockier shores going towards milford

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:54 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links