For the past two years i had plans on learning a new way of fishing or technique, but this year i am going to focus on learning to clear water fish. What is your plan for this season?

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:49 pm

After going fishing on the Housy with Don G. I'm going to try more fineness jiging.

Posted Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:50 am

sent you a link to the xmg50 rods. They are rated very high but cannot be found easily as they are no longer produced. A 2 power rod would be great for jigs at or below 1/4 with a trailer. Over 1/4 to 3/8ths you would want a 3 power and above that a 4 or 5 power. Later in the season when the weeds grow in just default to a 4 power rod for pulling them threw the salad.

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:43 am

Just looking to do as much fishing as possible on the new boat with my father. Gonna try everything we can get our hands on.

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:16 pm

It may work best if your just getting started to focus on a technique or a group of them to get the best practice and hone your skills on that presentation. If i could i would recommend hard baits. Crank baits and hard top waters will be fun and produce a lot of good fish, and keep the gear price down. You can find mega expensive stuff to fish that way but there are many good options and baits that will make your trips enjoyable.

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:23 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links