On the Frances fleet, me and a buddy are going on tonights trip.
If you have never been and want to learn I will be happy to show you how it's done if you can drive from the Hartford area.
Or maybe some of you guys just want to meet at the boat.
Boat sails out of Narragansett RI at 7:00PM until 1:00AM $45

Posted Sun May 22, 2011 8:10 am

Would love to have went never been but just got home from niantic with one flounder to show for my efforts

Posted Sun May 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Maybe next time, on the boat now.

Posted Sun May 22, 2011 5:42 pm

To follow up on the squid trip, squid fishing was very good.

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 am

do squids give a good fight

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:19 pm

alejandro219

do squids give a good fight

Nah the don't really put up a fight so to speak. Although a light freshwater outfit is used, and I happen to use 3 squid jigs when fishing for them and when you do get a triple header of big squid
they are a chore to haul up.

Squid fishing isn't about the fight but rather technique and being able to catch consistently. The reward is some delicious meals and
a good supply of fishing bait.

Me and my buddy caught some yesterday while we were out Fluke fishing, the tide and drift were not cooperating and our fluke bait was getting chewed up by squid so we put on some squid jigs and started bailing squid for an hour or two until the fluke fishing picked up.

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Where did you go fluke fishing and how did you do

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 pm

We did ok ended up with 5 keepers between the 2 of us, had to put in our time to get them. We were off Misquamicut in 54'.

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:19 am

nice haul- I went last week on Seven B's( 2 Squid and too cold) and tonite I'm going on Frances Fleet. I am member of RISAA and they sponsored both trips. Do you have a photo of the rig you use? I had never been before last week. I am in Salem Ct and was wondering where to go in ct, when I happened onto this site. Thanks for any info you can share on tackle and technique.
Mike

Posted Sat May 23, 2015 3:08 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links