I am posting about a big fundraising event that I will be partaking in. And as will many other people in the United States. It is called Extra Life. The concept is that is those who pledge to play video games for a full 24 hours straight. Will try their hardest to find people to donate what they can to their local Children's Miracle Network hospital. For people in Connecticut that would be Connecticut Children's Medical Center.

My Extra Life Fundrasing Page:
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=92158

I also have a personal experience, basically my life story in a paragraph, to show why I am motivated to do this. I have 2 siblings 1 brother, and 1 sister. My sister was 3 years old when it all started. She had a seizure. This required paramedics and I won't go into too much detail. That was quite a scare because she had no diagnosis to explain such a thing or past occurrences of them. Also these kind of events continued and she fell most of the time having these seizures causing brain damage and knocking teeth loose. And this caused brain damage resulting in a disability for her to learn now she is declining and is forgetting pervious knowledge. But there were other than that things that were left unexplained. From age 4 to 7 she grew 0 inches gained 0 pounds. Then in 2008 we discovered she has Cystic Fibrosis as well, a disease affecting the lungs, digestive system, pancreas, liver, and sometimes the heart. Ever since her 2008 diagnosis she has had more than a dozen hospital stays for being sick, surgery, implants, and has to spend more than half of her day treating this disease, which has also caused scoliosis making her wear a back-brace temporarily. Now I could talk all day about her but let's move on.

My brother. He has the same disease, it has all the same side affects same gene mutation but goes by a different name. So he can't get treated properly because the equipment isn't covered by insurance. I would go into more detail about him but just re-read the last 7 paragraphs and put it here and that's it.

Support My Efforts Click the Link Below:
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=92158

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:03 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links