We recently joined an excellent trout conservation organization called Trout Unlimited. They have chapters all around the country and everyone works hard to conserve, protect and restore North America's coldwater fisheries and their watersheds. I would definately recommend checking them out at www.tu.org and joining. The regular fee is $35, but if you look around for individual chapters on Google, you can often get a discounted rate ($17.50 usually $15 of which goes to conservation). I would check out either the Nutmeg Chapter of Trout Unlimited (the one we joined), Northwestern Connecticut, Candlewood Valley, Farmington Valley, Mianus, Naugatuck-Pomperaug, Thames Valley, or Hammonasset of Trout Unlimited depending on where you are located in CT. Many of the chapters have regular meetings and special outtings to meet fellow members. Well worth the donation.

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:18 am

I held a membership in the Mianus chapter until I moved to Avon. You are correct, it is a great organization. The magazine is informative and the yearly calendar is inspiring.
I will probably rejoin after the new year. I would like to join the local chapter. Does anyone know if it it active? It appears that the visible organization for the Farmington area is the FRAA.
Any advise is helpful.

Posted Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:25 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links