I work on the REELIN out of New London and so far the stripper fishing has been fantastic, last trip we ended up with our 12 fish limit in less than two hours of fishing. The party wanted to catch and release for the rest of the trip. Doing this we ended up with a total catch and release of 23 more keeper size stripper (only three fish in the 35 to 40 inch range). There does not seem to be many larger bass out there now but they will come. Plenty of strippers in the 28 to 33 inch range (the best eating for the table). To date all of our charter parties have limited out and gone home happy and arm weary. Great start to the summer charter buisness. If you havent tried bass fishing now is the time to get six friends together and try it out. It will probably cost less per man for a charter trip than taking your own boat out. The fun part is you get to catch the fish and don't have to clean up the boat or the fish. However you try this fishing it is a lot of fun and sure as heck beats going to work.

Posted Sun May 30, 2010 6:25 am

Way to Go Phil, sounds fishy out there.
Glad to hear you guys are hitting them, betcha the bigger fish will be moving in pretty quick Wink

Posted Sun May 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Well I can tell ya there not much fish in the eastern part of Fishers. Spent all day there Sunday, got skunked! But the boys and I did have a great day out there.

Posted Mon May 31, 2010 6:04 am

hertzy,shoulda gone to the mouth and up between the bridges,they crushinem there!

Posted Mon May 31, 2010 7:06 pm

I think Old Saybrook is a haul for Hertzy tbob.

I doubt he had any clue as to what bridges you are referring Razz

I know cuz....well, ..just cuz

I will give him a hint CT river

Posted Mon May 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Well thank god for Lung! I was thinking Tbob was talking about the Thames. Had me a bit confused on the "between the bridges" Did think he was referring to the two for 95, but then again, it is Tbob were talking about! Very Happy With only a 16 gallon tank and a very thirsty 20+ year old 90hp, yeah barn to the CT river is a bit of a stretch.

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:27 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links