soon i will be replacing the transom in my 1979 17'cc seasuirt. i am going to be using a product called seacast. just remove the old wood leaving the fiberglass skins, then pour the seacast in. check it out and tell me what you think. http://transomrepair.com/zk
i will be posting progress pics [/url]

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:46 pm

I don't know how easy it will be to get all the soft wood out, especially without damaging the fiberglass. It is hard enough to scrape all the wood out when the skin is removed. I considered using that once. Luckily I have a friend who helped me replace my transom the right way with new marine grade plywood and West system.

Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 pm

SO AFTER A DAY AND A HALF OF SAWING DRILLING AND VACUMING, I MANAGED TO REMOVE ALL THE WOOD!!

[/img]

Posted Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:23 am

well so far i have removed all the wood from the transom. wasnt as bad to do as i thought. the wood was definately NO good. no damage was done to anything doing so. next step is to fill the void between deck and hull. im gonna wet some thick glass mat/woven combo and put into place. one attemp wen horribly wrong. so ive upgraded to the combo glass. i tried using something too light in weight and it kept bunching up. some more pics of what is left of the wood i removed and the clean skins. notice the water in the bottom. wonder y the wood rotted?!?!

Posted Tue May 04, 2010 5:25 pm

well im done with most of the patchwork. went very well using the combo mat. i have a plan date of this weekend to do the pour. wish me luck!!! i need to get my bass out on the water!!!! fluke season is almost here!!!!

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Posted Mon May 31, 2010 9:04 am

SO ABOUT TWO SUNDAYS AGO I MANAGED TO DO THE POUR. IT WAS SO EASY LIKE GROUTING A WALL!!! NOW THAT I HAVE PUT THE MOTOR BACK ON I CAN SHAKE THE MOTOR AND MOVE THE WHOLE DAMN BOAT AND TRAILER INSTEAD OF JUST THE TRANSOM!!! THIS IS SOME ROCK SOLID STUFF THAT IS DONE RIGHT BY ELIMINATING THAT NO GOOD WOOD!!!!!

Posted Mon May 31, 2010 9:07 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links