I cant put a finger on it right now as to a good way to solve what I view as confusing but it just seems unnecessary to have so many different forum topics such as striped bass, bluefish, trout, carp in each section. I think it would make it more simple if there were freshwater/saltwater general topics with news such as regulations or for example news or information relating to fresh/saltwater. A reports section for fresh that would include lakes ponds and or rivers streams with an exception for a separate forum for largemouth including tournament threads. It would also seem more simple to have a saltwater section for inshore reports, including striped bass, bluefish, fluke etc.. Then have an offshore section for tuna, mahi, swordfish, shark etc.. And a groundfish section as aqualung had mentioned for cod, pollock, haddock, halibut.. etc..

My input for the time being

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Great suggestions Matt....seems Dave is asleep at the switch!
You know, that damn switch!!
He never acknowledged my suggestion for better or worse.

Posted Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Hey guys, sorry i've been slacking over here the past couple months here. Just got a new job so havent had much time to add improvements and your suggestions. I like the idea of reorganizing some of the topics. I have added the Ground Fishing and out of state reports to the forum. I will need to put some thought into the best way to consolidate some of these topics (rather than separating by each fish type) based on your suggestions.

Once things calm down with work expect the following additions.

- Better forum organization
- A new online chat interface
- Drop down menus under the tabs to make it easier to navigate around the site.
- Interactive fishing statistics with charts/graphs based on fish caught in trips you have entered. Track and compare fish counts season to season, month to month against other anglers.
- Trip creation wizard to make it easier to post and share trips on the map.

I appreciate all your input, and I'll do better to respond in a timely fashion from now on. Smile

- Dave O

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:16 am

So you are alive Dave.
Good luck with the new job.
Thanks for the ground fishing addition also.

Bob

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 am

Not a problem, take whatever time you need, I know I wouldnt be able to organize a site like this, I'd fry my noodle.

Just another thought, when you go for site organization put up your thoughts on it as well and see what feedback you get. I put down a general idea of what I was thinking but all the answers arent there, its going to take some fishing around to figure it out.

Posted Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:12 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links