Thanks for the reply. As for the spring run. I think they are coming early this year,maybe as much as a month early with the warm ocean temps and all. Also we're not going to get nearly as much of the snow melt/cold water coming downstream from up north this spring. It's gonna be ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 pm

From the looks of things....us guys up north here are going to have a real problem...NO WATER!!

The low river levels right now for this time of year are not something I ever remember seeing before. There is little to no snow up north, so any rain we get will be good for a couple days of muddy water.

Looks like I will be learning some new water on the river south of here this year.

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Well, last year the southern CT River was about unfishable all spring due to the trees, houses and other things washing down in the floods, so what goes around.... I'm wondering what this crazy winter will do to the spawning runs and the migratory stripers.

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Okay guys. It's obvious that I'm not the only one chomping at the bit so I'll start the thread. "Spring Run 2012!"..........it's pretty clear to me that the die-hard hard water guys got screwed this season so this one is all but dead.

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:53 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links