Made some rigs the day before...foot long fluorocarbon...bucktails, mostly white...various weight from 2oz to 1 oz...tied a looper in the middle and attached a 3.0 circle hook with a gulp alive white swimming mullet. Launched out of Dock Rd at sun rise...traveled across Niantic bay, and stopped at Black point for a few drops to the bottom..it was about four hours till high tide..no action..continued all the way out to Sound view...tide was still slow..but had a very hard strike and lost the fish after it managed to put a lot of slack in the line by swimming towards the boat...not much else going on there..I then moved on to the mouth of the ct river...stopping ever couple of minutes on the way to drop the line....nothing going on..high tide came in quickly and I bounced around back at Sound View for an hour...started heading back to the boat launch and made random stops every few minutes...there was a jetty between sound view and black point...released four short fluke and kept a very large Sea Robin. Decided I'd make clams/linguini with the fresh sea robin on top..I thought the sea robin was better then Porgie..had a sweeter flavor and the meat was very delicate.

Last edited by snapper on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:13 am

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:28 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links