I saw a lot of boats on the CT River from Windsor to Enfield the last few days. Anybody from this site? Anybody still catching anything? I'm looking to get out this week and the river looks good right now. Just wondering if they are still there. Farmington River, too. Thanks for the help.

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 am

I know 'The Shark' was out on the CT in the Windsor area on Sat. and caught 2 28's drifting eels.

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Hit the river in the Hartford area yesterday from six till noon. Didn't get anything, didn't see anything. Glad I brought a light set up with me. Did some bass fishing to end the day. 2 largemouth,2 smallmouth. Even though the water level came down considerably the water still looks pretty funky to me,lots of sediment,visibility not great.

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Any yakers been out from Niantic to Stonington in the last few days? Thinking about tomorrow in my little boat and was looking for the latest shoreline info.

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Limited success last night fishing the shoreline from Niantic to Harkness. A schoolie and blues at the outflow, a barely keeper and schoolies between the sanitorium and Harkness. Got back to my night/safe spot from about 8:30-11:00 and had a few hits but no hook-ups. However, adult bunker schools the size of a football field were at the top of Niantic Bay. Wish I had a bait pen or access to one in Niantic. Snagged a few and let them limp around hoping to get a big bass, but no luck in 2 hours. Saw an occasional big tail swirl. I tried snagged bunker, big pre-rigged hogy eels, a large bunker swimbait, smaller lures, trolling through and around the schools and nothing. I guess the stripers that were there had so much bait to choose from that it was hard to get a hit.

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:45 am

77.4 pounds....what a beast she must be, I'm sure pictures will be out soon

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Holy Sh*t! Can't wait to see pics. Hopefully OTW can get something in next edition. Same guy that weighed in a 76.2 lb record last year!

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Would like to know his secret or have his horseshoe

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Redneck where you on the bay or the river at night

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 pm

On the bay between Wigwam rock and the bridge. Bunker was all pushed up against the construction booms by the incoming tide. Once it's dark in the evening I stay in protected areas close to my put in and out of the way of bigger boat traffic.

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links