WOO HOO!!! first time on the ice this season,it felt great.i dont know why i didnt make time this year to get out more,but there still time left this year

we got t crystal lake at 5 am,there were alot of guys already there.we couldnt get to the spot were we normaly are.there was aready a group there.

so we ot a spot alittle farther in the cove.set out our traps where we wanted holes and waited for the 7 oclock gun to go.as the sun came up you could see there were alot more fishermen than years past.our group in passed years have put in an entry ,and placed,but looking around this was going to be a challange.

the gun went off and the whole lake was buzzing with augers,the game began.we drilled our hole and found out we were in water 4-8 feet,not what we were looking for,

frank got a trap in and was going to put the second one in and he got the first flag.this is something that happens every year.he pulls up a small bass.nothing to weighe in

i got all mine in without a flag going up.when i got back to the group i turnd,and had a flag,it was a broun trout dead middle of the slot limit 12-16".by noon we had many flags with just about all being trout in the slot,a few small bass,and a perch

shortly after the group that beat us to the spot we wanted started yelling,they pulled up a bass that weighed 4lb8oz.it was the biggest bass i have seen come out of the lake.by 2 oclock the ending gun went off,we still had nothing for the scale.we had alot of flags,and landed alot of trout.

we went back to the elks lodge to hear who won the turny,and see if our names were called for the raffles, a salmon won the turny it weighed 4 lbs 10 oz.there were over 200 entries,they also had a youth turny,this was new,and they plan on keeping the youth turny going for next year.they also told use,that they are in the works for a youth pan fish turny this spring,,and also nexts year ice derby was going to be bigger and better.and to keep an eye out on their website for the details.http://www.ctelks.org/LocalLodges/Rockville.htm

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Way to go Big O...sounds like a decent day on the ice. I never do as well as you guys seem to at Crystal

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm

nice report and pics!first time this season?you better show up sat!!
FYI.....I have seen quite a few over 5 lbers caught there and my buddy got a 6.5 smallie there couple tears ago.There are def some quality bass in that lake and yes for sure lotsa trout in the freeekin slot!

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:56 pm

i WILL be there sat.

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:05 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links