Anybody try out Rainbow in Windsor yet? How about Congamond? Tried them a couple times so far without much luck. Anything special working this early in the pre-spawn?

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:13 pm

There are baits that produce a lot better in the cold water. Look at the hard jerkbaits, flat sided crank baits and in-line spinners. I am partial to the RC STX jerkbaits because there well priced and work well. There supposed to be a megabass knockoff, but a lot of people like them just as well and for around 8 bucks there a great deal. Shadraps are great cold water baits. Get a couple a few in natural like the black silver and green back and maybe something bright like a firetiger.

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Sorry for late response but I'm on here checking out what people have been up to in the last year. Rainbow reservoir is a great fishery. There's Salmon in there, shad when they run. I've caught largemouth (good ones!) And smallmouth out of there. I still think there's Pike in there but I've never caught one out of there..idk if anyone else has?? But any fishery thats apart of the CT river probably has Pike in it. Lol. I throw senkos and spinnerbaits in there. Fish the banks and dropoffs. Good luck!

Stay Bent!

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:39 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links