FOR ALL YOU COD FISHERMEN
Hello guys. I just had to post this informaiton. I fished for cod with two good friends of mine, Bob Veach (RIGHT HOOK Charters out of New London) and Frank Blume (AFTER YOU TOO charters out of New London). Both are excellent cod fishermen. We fished mostly in 105 to 125 feet of water in the southwest end of Stillwagon and HAMMERED the cod. We even stayed away from the clusters of boats trying to fish a football field sized area where there was 15 - 20 boats. NO RUBBING ELBOWS to fish, and just perfect weather - FLAT CALM! The three trips I made with Bob and Frank we limited out before noon and were back at the dock by 1 -2 PM. It was a lock and load situation every day we fished and no one complained about the fishing or the go home timed. My freezer is FULL of cod and some pollock even after giving some to other friends who could not make the trip. These guys are charter boat owners (6-pack boats) and know the fishing grounds better than most people know their own property. You might want to keep these guys in mind for the fall cod run if they take their boats back up to Marshfield in the fall. Look them up on the Ct Charter/Party Boat Association web site. Don't get me wrong, I am not pushing these guys charter business. I just know them really well and they are excellent fishermen and great friends. Any questions, just ask.( I put some of the pictures on my profile.)

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am

thanks for the report and info!

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am

Great report Phil...good to hear from you stranger

Posted Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links