Fished a couple of spots on the upper Farmington this morning. Trout were actively feeding on Caddis Pupa and readily took my imitation. Some real nice rainbows were stocked this year. After about 2 hours and some spin fishermen getting to close, I moved downstream to another favorite run. Here a couple of fat rainbows and a smaller brown preferred a BH Flashback Pheasant Tail nymph.
About 9:30, I noticed a few female Hendricksons with yellow eggs sacs protruding from their abdomenshovering above the surface. First a few, then the air above the water was filled with the females. It took about 4-5 minutes for the trout to turn on. And did they! As the females dropped to the water to deposit their eggs, they were quickly gobbled up by trout. By the time, I changed leaders and tied on a match, the frenzy had slowed down. The trout however were still hungry and I was fortunate to hook and release 2 good rainbows. A terrific morning! Meeting Streamstomper tomorrow for hopefully some more consistent action.

Posted Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:51 am

Great report. Let's see if we can top it tomorrow! Laughing

Posted Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:51 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links