Friday I was originally supposed to hit the Housy with my dad later in the evening after me doing some local surf casting. But when I'm just finished eating at a local bagel place, my dad calls saying change in plans. That meant ride my bike back home to switch gear and head out to Mondo, arriving around 4:15.

Stuck with a combination of different Husky Jerks and topwaters.

Not too long after starting with a Helsinki Shad HJ-6, I landed a pickerel under a pound.

Kept covering water and landed another pickerel.

Once I got to certain section, I played with a few topwaters. 1 spot was where I had a hit on a Rebel Frog R and another spot I had a hit on a custom made pumpkin green buzzbait.

Later in the evening was when I seemed to have been into a school of yellows. Landed a nice 10" 9 ounce fish, had 2 hits, and lost 1. That was with a gold HJ-8.

As I'm into the yellows, wind had picked up before it became overcast out. Things became more suspicious as I covered more water. By the time I went to a cove to play with topwater, I had to get going due to a storm approaching, calling it a night just before 7.

Got lucky with the storm, cause right as I get onto the bus to head back to the bus terminal, the rain started pouring! Lots of lightning along the very coast.

Posted Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:40 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links