the title basically sums it up. i just moved to ct im looking for carp spots. iv been able to catch a few at a pond in fairfield. but none of the fish seem to be more than 8-10 pounds. im a complete carp addict. its really the only freshwater fishing that i do. iv been studying google earth maps and found some places that might hold carp. a place called kachele pond seems promising. it runs off of the easton reservoir. and maybe beardsley park holds carp? please if anyone can direct me to a carp location it would be much appreciated!!!

Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:35 pm

I have seen some giants in the river systems. I caught a large mirror in the quiabuaug. The drainage above the thames bridge also has some large carp. They seem to be most everywhere.

Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks il have to check the thames out.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Looking for a spot to shore fish for Carp
I'm from Groton
prefer Not having to hike a lot to get to the spot

still pretty much a novice

thanks for any suggestions

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:23 am

I've heard they can be caught just below the Greenville dam, in Norwich. I've tried there once with no luck for carp, but my friend did catch a nice Pike there.

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:03 pm

broad brook mill pond in east Windsor has a lot of carp. especially in the stream right after the waterfall.

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:20 pm

mtavares375

the title basically sums it up. i just moved to ct im looking for carp spots. iv been able to catch a few at a pond in fairfield. but none of the fish seem to be more than 8-10 pounds. im a complete carp addict. its really the only freshwater fishing that i do. iv been studying google earth maps and found some places that might hold carp. a place called kachele pond seems promising. it runs off of the easton reservoir. and maybe beardsley park holds carp? please if anyone can direct me to a carp location it would be much appreciated!!!

I'm interested in hearing if anyone knows anything regarding kachele pond

Posted Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:35 pm

I'm on my 2nd season of carp fishing, it's easy and fun. So far my success rate is pretty high.

Treble hooks + Corn + Lake Zoar (Kettletown).

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:04 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links