I put in coils and condensers because there where none and cleaned and adjusted the points. I also replaced the needle and seat and the float in the carb. I am always amazed when these old motors begin to run after sitting quiet for so many years.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0f8RIiNMZA[/youtube]

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Geez frank that is very kool!what year is that one?wanna sell it???

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Thats the way to getem. Flea markets,swap meets and the dump ive found a couple.People dont want to put money into old stuff.

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:14 am

Very cool. Brought back a lot of memorys. We had an evevrude that looked like that. Couldn't kill the thing.

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:31 am

I think it is 1953 or 1954. I might sell it after I use it on my boat this spring. I would at least like to give it a run and see how good it is. It does idle extremely low which is the sign of a good motor. The pond I live near has a 5hp limit so it is a good motor to use here. I just started working in a 5 hp Sea King last night. It has a twist grip throttle and an internal gas tank so you don't need one of those old pressure tanks. I got the Sea King at the same swap meet for $75. I actually came home with 6 motors that day.

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 am

Now that's a deal. Great find Frank.

Posted Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 am

Dammm....that motor was born right around when I was!!!
Great find Frank!But seriously if you decide to part with it or something else let me know.My son kinda lookin for something for his 12 footer.

Posted Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links