been looking at all kinds of kayaks I know I want a sot and 13 or 14 ft I do a lot of sound fishing and lakes ponds I kinda do all kinds of fishing I have been searching around for the best yak cant seem to make up my mind witch one to go with need help any suggestions on what make is good and what ones to buy looked at the cuda 14 ocean 14 hobie pro angler hobie is a nice yak but out of my price range

Posted Mon May 19, 2014 9:27 am

the hobie are top of the pile but cost a ton. I like nucanoe because of my ability to reconfigure it and the air pocket in the hull preventing it from ever sinking. If you fish with small children you have different concerns than those that are alone. I have an old classic that i really enjoy, but the new frontier looks great to.

Posted Tue May 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Hei, I have a fell years of experience and I'll tell you the hobie is worth every penny, have one for 2 years and before I had 2 other models from Malibu, I even had a motorized one and still stick with the pro angler, the nucanoe looks good too! Choose the one best for you and have lots of fun!

Posted Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:53 pm

My wife and I love to go camping and fishing. We were thinking about purchasing 2 kayaks to do some lake fishing. We are looking at SOT 10' long with a weight of about 45lbs. will this be good for lake fishing?

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:53 am

if your fishing alone then a 10 footer would be ok. I like the longer models because i bring a friend or one of my kids with me. Mine is 12'.

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:17 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links