well not much excitment to report,but i figured i would get caught up on my reports before i cant remember them,lol

opening day:

this turned out to be the most exciting day.

got up a 3 am,all excited it the first day of deer season,and the first day of my vacation.i was in my stand on state land at 550 am,the woods were still sleeping.as i sat,waiting on daybreak i was thinking on which direction the first deer would come from.this it something i do every year.as daybreak came ,the woods started wakeing up,birds started chirping,squirles started riseing out of their nest.but no sounds of gunshots,from anywhere.7 am came,7;30 still no gunshots.whats going on its the first day.there is always someone insight of a deer on the first day.the first shot i heard came at 7;50 up the hill from me.so i get ready,looking for one that got by and coming down the hill.nothing.back to watching the squirles,dam things.around 830,i caught movement out of the corner of my eye,by the stone wall.i turned expecting to see a squirel runn down the top of the stone wall like earlier .as i was looking,no squirle,i dont see anything.all of a sudden i see a head,looking back up the wall,then takes off comming down to me,stops looks back,this deer is spooked.so instead on running to the end of the wall,he jumps over the wall right towards me,stops looks up the wall.by this time i see its a small 6 pointer.but i have no shot,just a head stick out .then he takes off again.i pick up the gun,start looking for a good shot,i find him,right on the front shoulder,i fire,he take one more bound and spins around and runs across the front of me.i go to turn and i cant,my safty harness,slid down the tree and bunched me up.i missed 2 good shots,by the time i forced my self aroundi had one more shot,found his shoulder again,fired.i watched him run down the hill towards the swamp.i turn to look at where i fired my first shot.i see a branch bobbing up and down 25 ft infront of me.GREAT!!

i stay in the stand for 15 min.then i climbed down,feeling confedent on the second shot.i find his tracks,follow them down the hill.no blood,hair .nothing .i go back to where i fired.looking at my stand,no branches the way.i walk towards my stand turn around,look at the tree,GREAT caught the side of a hickory tree.complete miss

i got back in my stand stayed unill 200 pm,saw nothing else

Posted Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:06 pm

day 2

i went to my private land,got there at 6 am and sat in my blind for the first time.i like the blind alot.but saw no deer.sat untill 11,then decieded to go to work.
day 3
got up pouring rain and near 70 degrees.didnt even go out,

day 4
went to state land,sat untill11.saw nothing

day 5 state land sat untill 1 pm same thing saw nothing

Posted Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Their playing hard to get this year for ya. If I remember you had a good year last year. Good luck on the hunt.

Posted Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:46 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links