I have found topwater in a big way, and its a great time. I am basicaly new to it this year, as i have fished bass for two years now, and i am just discovering all that fishing has to offer. I have thrown a jitter bug, and some other lures, but this year i found walking topwaters and poppers. Wow what a great time. My favorite two topwaters right now are a BPS tourney pro bleeding shad and the river 2 sea bubble walker. The bubble walker is what i am running right now due to the loss of my BPS lure. The tourney pro poppers are more like the bubble walker in that they sit flat in the water and walk the dog like a spook. There dirt cheap at 2 dollars and some change, and they work very well. The down side, is the bps lures come with some garbage hardware. I switched out the junker hooks with owner st-41 hooks and hyper wire split rings and no fish touched that lure and did not make it to the boat. I am currently evaluating the stock hooks on the r2s bubble walker and may change them. I have had some bites that did not hook up, and dropped a few which never happened on the BPS lure with the owner hooks. It may be due to the different body shape though. So what do you like to throw, why do you like it, and did you have to tweak it to make it work good. I plan in investigating some spooks and maybe a lunker punker soon.

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Early morning spook action is Great for the Smallies running on baitfish anywhere I have tried.

Posted Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Buzz bait is my favorite , but spooks and poppers are fun to catch fish on to!

Posted Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Love night fishing with a small 6" BM Danny metal lip swimmer. I've caught some nice bass like that.

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 pm

I prefer spooks. It's a lot of fun like you said. But other methods are fine too.

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links