So what lures or bait do you prefer to use in cold water for trout? I like using a slow wobbling spoon like a Little Cleo or Daredevil with a small Mickey Finn as a teaser.

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:51 pm

I live right by a TMA but I've never tried it before late March/early April. I've been tempted to go a couple of times lately but I just assumed powerbait or gulp would be the way to go. Wasn't sure if they'd chase a lure with the low water temps.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:37 am

Bait is really the way to go, but I like the challenge of trying to get them to take a lure. I've had some great days with pin minnows at certain places.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:09 am

Yeah I was gonna say bait but I think that's probably frowned upon in a TMA. That's why I haven't done it.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:45 pm

I bet one of those trout magnet jigs tipped with a nice fat wax or meal worm would be killer.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:07 pm

The Thomas bouyant is an awesome trout lure year round! I caught a nice brown on one a couple months ago!

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:06 am

The Thomas bouyant is an awesome trout lure year round! I caught a nice brown on one a couple months ago!

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:06 am

I love the buoyant and the rough rider. Those are two of my favorite lures. They just plain ol' catch.

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:38 am

Kastmasters work well.

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:40 pm

It does not surprise me if not one trout was featured

Wasn't asking about striped bass wasn't asking about freshwater Bass for pike was asking about trout

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:17 am

bigbiscuit2

So what lures or bait do you prefer to use in cold water for trout? I like using a slow wobbling spoon like a Little Cleo or Daredevil with a small Mickey Finn as a teaser.

A Swedish pimple or two must be in everyone's arsenal. My go to to catch limit.

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:23 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links