Got the new Yamaha on Friday for Sundays trip to Waterford/Niantic.
First day the winds were calm and it made for a nice trip out to towards the point...fished in the area between the point and the bay...moved to the outer area of the point and tried a drift....back into the bay with changing tides. My 14 year old son was handling the chum pot and tying it to the anchor...he was pissed about the smell and through up...he wa..s not fishing for a while..poor kid...lost my chum pot too. I guess he didn't tie it very well....headed towards Rocky Neck state park and beached the inflatable then went for a swim...lots of people hanging out there and jumping off the cliffs into the water...it was a beautiful day...had a couple nibbles but that was it..the world seemed to all know the fishing was terrible because on the way back to the launch, not one person was out there fishing...On a beautiful Sunday..I was blown away by that. I know Red Neck warned me, but damn! Anyway, can't complain since the water was really enjoyable to move through.....one large boat with a couple guys looked like they attempted to swamp us and thought it was funny.
Should have went swimming earlier but I didn't even know that cove existed. I'll be picnicking there in the future instead of eating lunch with the kids on the water.

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 am

Glad you finally had a nice day out. Even if the fishin' is slow, it beats sitting around the house. I'm headed out Thursday and again Sunday. May try to liveline some eels or bunker if I can find it. Hoping more bluefish will move in as well.

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks Red.

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:30 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links