http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Six-Rescued-After-Yacht-Sinks-212633351.html

That will teach him to wake me!! Wink

Glad everyone made it out safe

Last edited by aqualung on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:43 am

Wow, two weeks ago there was nothing in the water. Then I go on Friday and I was getting freaked out by all the huge logs bobbing around. They were everywhere.

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 am

The "object" was probably a rock. Near Harkness is out of the channel and full of little surprises around Goshen Reef.

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:57 am

If you have the cash to own a vessel like that and don't know your topography/charts, that's a problem...full moon, foot less water during low tide or not. Friends of the family state, this is an experienced captain. Glad they are all alright. I suppose the sunkin boat will make for a nice black fishing site though...

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:11 pm

He was between the shore and the green can at the top of Little Goshen Reef. That place is a minefield. You see small boats in there and I run through there, but you have to be careful. Few of the piles are marked, and there are some big rocks sitting just feet below the surface surrounded by 20 ft. of water. No way a boat that size should cut that corner. Good thing everyone is safe.

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:32 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links