Reconnected with an old fishing buddy who wanted to fish the Thames (we fished it last 10 yrs. ago). So we headed out Friday at 7p.m. Trolling a tube and worm was great for bass from 22-29". After dark we trolled eels and casted eels to structure as much as the wind would allow. It was a great nite we did keep a few for the table.

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:29 pm

looks like you guys had a great time congrads.

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Nice fish Mr. Sandflea!.........................I have yet too hook a keeper sized bass this year.

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks. It was the first time I tried the tube and worm on the first troll we went about 50ft. and I had my first keeper. I also caught 1 blue about 33". Guess where I'll be this friday night?

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Great looking fish!
I've been fishing off of Eastern Point beach, but don't seem to be catching much only just a few Schoolies... I still haven't caught a keeper yet this year!

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Are you fishing after dark?

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:58 am

Been tough the last 2 weeks with all the rain. Should be clearing though. Night time is the right time.

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Had a great night friday 7 fish over 35" with a bunch from 16 to 30". Used tube and worm after dark eels. All went back except a few for the table.

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 am

WTG Flea heck of a night you had. Surprised the Blue fish didn't bother you, are you just tipping the tube with a piece of eel?
You in the harbor? or in the river itself?? did you see any bunker around? or guys snagging? must be there if the stripes are there.

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:56 am

Lung we fished live eels no tube. No blue hits at all brought extra eels didn't need them. Bass were boiling I guess after bunker. We fished upriver didn't see another boat all night. The bonus voucher fish are going on the grill right now!

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Gotcha, I see now where I mis-read.

There ya go, those smaller ones are better eating no doubt, enjoy!

I caught a 27" yesterday in RI on a fluke rig, no voucher program in RI Laughing

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:26 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links