Since it said to introduce yourselves here, I am .. doing so.

Hi, my name's Tara, and I'm a very novice fisher from northeast Connecticut. I'm at best an enthusiastic dabbler, who's beginning to try to make inroads on pier saltwater fishing, though I don't know anything about it. Occasionally I can bait my father into going fishing with me, but that's ordinarily in local rivers and streams.

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:53 am

Don't do much pier fishing, no help to you there but welcome aboard!

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 am

I don't have much info on pier fishing either...I see a lot of videos of that in the southern states. But I do read the fishing reports. I know that Old Saybrook on the CT river just below the mouth, allows opportunity for people to fish from for blues and striped bass this time of year. It's peaking right now as the water is warming and the fish are moving out to deeper waters. http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/site.asp?siteid=541 ... If you have Facebook, friend "Ted's bait and tackle" Old Saybrook...You can try and post a few questions or visit the shop... There is also a fantastic boardwalk where people fish from just opposite the boat launch. Pretty sure this is it, http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/site.asp?siteid=566. BTW, the river has been muddy and has debris and logs here and there due to flooding, but this may be clearing up. Hope this helps.

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:18 am

That's actually a whole lot of help! Smile I'll be sure to check those out, both the facebook site and that particular pier. I was eyeballing Fort Trumbull State Park for a possible location too, but if we can chase blues and stripers from land in Old Saybrook we'll definitely have to check it out!

.. and buy a longer net. With all the rain lately all the flowing waters around have been high and messy, I lost one of my favorite lures to a passing log this morning. I didn't dare go after it.

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links