Last week we asked readers to weigh in on the eternal question of which is more exciting and/or rewarding to catch, striped bass or bluefish.

Apparently, most readers are too occupied with making up their minds on Obama versus Romney to deal with fish, as the response was not exactly overwhelming. The answers we did get were basically split down the middle, with the striper loyalists citing the fish's beauty and ability to grow much bigger than bluefish, and the blue crew noting the chopper's determined fighting heart and its jumping ability.

Jim Micinillio, who consistently catches some of the largest bass recorded at local weigh-in stations, had a surprising reply:

"As far as your question bass versus blues," he wrote, "although not many people probably love catching stripers more than I do -- and they are a majestic fish -- I would have to say bluefish.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Stripers-vs-blues-Reasons-to-love-fishing-for-3965630.php#ixzz29pb0T52E

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:48 am

I like the better tasting fish regardless of the fight! and that would be the "Stripa."

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:39 pm

id have to say both

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links