Ctbob and myself left Barn in the fog and made our way to sandy point. Met up with bassakwards and his boys trying as well. Picked up two porgies before Pop Nelson calls at 8 to tell me he'll be on his way. Picked our way back to the dock and got the lucky charm on board. Tried his lucky spot for two at 16" then the fog lifted. Headed for Watchhill to drift in 10-12ft and started to get fish. Shorts and more shorts. Headed for deep water as was every one else, and got one on two drifts. Seems to be the same story just another day. Fished till 1:30 to end the day with 17 fluke all shorts up to 18", three porgies to 15". I can only hope all the ones we all throw back will be 20" next year. Unless our great leaders decide to up the min. to 21"

Posted Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:32 am

More shorts,huh?We tried the mystic area last week,all shorts.Gonna try one more time before the season ends.If I don't get a keeper,I just may take a couple of 18's.

Posted Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:24 pm

I hear that carp, back in the day we kept 17" or better because they had a good fillet. Next year I maynot be as picky. we didn't make this mess, but now they dump it on our shoulders.

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links