going to ri camping at burlingame camp ground. looking for a place to fish off shore and catch something. any ideas?????

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:10 am

Anywhere along the shore line. As long as you can access it. I hear it's better at night or early in the morning for stripers. Please let me know how the campground is. I was looking at that one, but it sounded it was farther to the shore than I wanted. If I go, I'll be kicking it to water, as I have a truck camper. Let us know how you make out.

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm

If your talking about "Offshore" ofshore, the Canyon has been hot this week for sharks. Tuna has been inconsistent as the billfish bite. Capt. Tom D'Errico called me the other night and told me to hold off a couple of weeks before heading offshore as the fishing has been slow.
If you talling about offshore from the beach, I would drive over to Naragansett Beach and pan to fish early AM or from dusk on. Fly angler friends have been doing well from the beach at those times. Also may want to try the Narrow River - check maps for access points.
Good luck

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links