First thing I did was call out from work.I was not sure what type of fishing I was going to do,Ive been doin well catching bass and big blues out of my kayak but I decided to go on the boat since its only 10mnts away.Left at 8am and headed west off penfeild reef in fairfield worked that area for a while not much going on ,water a little brown and the tide wasnt moving much so Tim decided to move east over to Stratford and the action improved ,alot of small 17-18 inch fluke and of course giant sea robins and a few tiny blues all the fish were full of sand eels, only one keeper was landed on the last drift but everyone was happy with the action.The larger fluke are still to the east and the L.I side of the sound so the western side of the sound wont see the doormats till mid July.By the way I kept a few sea robins filets and they were delicious, the meat is clean and perfect for friyng and for soups and chowders better than blues of course and sorry to say better than stripers.Best tasting fish in the sound Sea bass, blacks, very close porgies and sea robins, then the rest.Next time I catch sea robins Im going to try them in a ceviche (wich is fish or seafood marinated in lime juice prefect for the summer) and then I will post the recepie.

Posted Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:38 am

Sorry I left out fluke they come from first to third in best tasting L.I sound fish .I wont include winter flounder not to many of those.

Posted Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:43 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links