It is predictable that sometime in the next three weeks, you will be taking out the garbage at 5:30 p.m. when you suddenly realize that -- holy smoke -- it is still light out. Maybe you haven't noticed (or maybe you have), but since Dec. 22 or so, the days are getting shorter.

Despite what many housebound, cabin-fevered anglers might think, it is an undeniable fact that winter DOES end. Eventually.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Here-s-how-to-keep-busy-while-waiting-for-warm-4187495.php#ixzz2HlIufhAL

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:02 am

the days are getting longer

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:23 am

I know how to keep busy....go fishing.

Tbob, John7110, Shark, SkipperJ9 and myself were on a private charter out of Lynn Mass yesterday after Pollack.
It was another crush job, we hammered them, everyone should know what a cooler full of pollack looks like by now. We did get some barely legal cod, red fish and, John and Myself both had a Porbeagle shark on and fought them to the surface only to have them spit the fish that they had in their mouths and left us with half the fish that we were reeling up when the shark hit.
What a day on the water for mid January, temp was beautiful and coolers full.

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links