Looking to do mainly some tog fishing, swap some trips at the moment, your boat my boat sort of thing, or whatever. I only have a 17'r but if the weather is OK, no problem. I have been fishing the Groton area, open to trying new areas too. I have a pretty flexible schedule for the most part so quick week day trips work good too.
Tog fishing has been outstanding this year!
If interested send me a message, we can talk and see if we may be a good match.

Posted Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:22 pm

Well....... looks like I will have to try this again later this year Wink

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:08 am

Wish I would have heard of this site sooner. I will take you up on your offer. I to have a 18' boat and will take you any time as long as the wallet lets me, and you don't mind showing me how to get it done! Very Happy Laughing

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 am

Sounds good, not looking for a free ride, always willing to pitch in.

Bring lot's of 4 - 8 oz sinkers and 3/0-4/0 Octopus hooks!! If your not losing rigs, your not in the right area Razz

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:51 am

LOL never seen sinkers that big! Where do ya find'em? Also what r octopus hooks?

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 am

If your not losing rigs, your not in the right area

Hey that's my line!

You can get sinkers that big at most tackle shops, a lot cheaper if you make your own though.

Octopus is a style of hook, its not a circle its more like a regular hook with a twist to make the point stick out more. Try Gamakatsu or Owner, those two brands are very sharp and very strong.

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 am

Just so we are clear we are talking 4 oz to 8 oz sinkers. The hooks I prefer are as I stated and the skipperj9 is correct about getting a good quality hook. You want a pretty stiff boat rod with a conventional reel. I'm not talking a Blue fish boat rod..just something with some backbone.

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:41 pm

any one looking to do a lil striper fishing i just picked up a centerconsole message me

Posted Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Lung, when does the season start? I have an array of salt water equipment. Will have to get the hooks though. I need more knowledge but have a 29 ft boat that should do the job!

Posted Mon May 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Hey Jeep, I myself won't be after the Black fish till OCT 1 when the fall season opens. There is a summer season but I focus on Fluke for the most part. Your boat sounds plenty big enough Wink
Where is your slip?

Posted Mon May 18, 2009 9:40 pm

I'm in Chester. 45 minutes to the sound. The flats in Greenport are killer for Fluke. I've just dug out some gr8 pics that I'm going to post soon.

Posted Tue May 19, 2009 4:51 am

Greenport?? never heard of it. Throw up those pictures jeep, always nice to see big Fluke

Posted Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 pm

I trailer it

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 9:01 pm

You chasing the stripers on the sound now bryon??
If so, how have you done??

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 9:06 pm

not to bad every time i go it starts blowing hard example last sat i was fishing the outgoing tide with a heavy incomeing wind holding me right in place kinda makes it hard to drift bunker hahaha "but thats why they call it fishing and not catching "

Posted Sat May 30, 2009 10:38 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links