Been years since I caught Blue crabs, I bought some traps last year never used them. I really would like to get out this year and get em.
Clamming I just got back into again last year thanks to a push from skipperj9 here on this site last year. We clammed Stonington, using tongs, that produced well.
Who goes after what and where??

Posted Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

i hit the thames for blue crabs,i have never been clamming

Posted Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:11 am

Crabs Westbrook Town Dock, Saybrook Boat Launch, or just about any marsh river with access. Clams Niantic River, its been a few years since I went clamming but we always did well.

Posted Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 am

Now that Atlantic Wire is out, I may go back to the branford river again. Have to see what this winter did to the crabs.

Posted Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:56 am

there are no crab in the thames dont even waste your time crabbin is not like the old days

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Not sure about clamming in CT but have at Watch Hill RI. Blue crabs I get in the lower CT river around Old Lyme. Slack tide or in coming works for me. I've gotton them as far north as Deep River when they run up to spawn.

Posted Mon May 18, 2009 9:33 pm

I saw the Blue crabs are starting to show according to one of the articles BigO posted.

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 8:29 pm

I saw a report at The Fishing Factory in Middletown that says it's still early. The guy had his PC on on our website! I didn't get his name but I had to laugh!

Posted Thu May 21, 2009 5:45 pm

That was probably Andrew...he runs a decent operation. I agree it seems a bit early, just mentioned what I saw in a report.
Andrew is true blue to another website I would be surprised he was viewing this site

Posted Thu May 21, 2009 7:14 pm

He probably wanted to see a site where we all help each other and not knock each others reports.

Posted Sun May 24, 2009 6:26 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links