I will post this up since we have some new blood here that actually may do some hard core fishing.

Trip is booked for this Wed. the 23rd.
$110 15 guys 12 hours 1-1
If you want to go let me know, you need to be sure you will go if you say yes...I will hunt you down like a rabid dog if you don't show.
I am taking a gamble here and taking people for their word.

1.)- Lung
2.) -Stevelikes2fish
3.) -Stevelikes2fish Guest1
4.) -Andre
5.) -Andre Guest 1
6.) -Andre Guest 2
7.) -Andre Guest 3
8.) -redneckangler
9.) -redneckangler guest
10.)Skipperj9
11.)Yellowboat2 (Ryan)
12.)Yellowboat2 Guest 1
13.)Yellowboat2 Guest 2
14.)Yellowboat2 Guest 3
15.)Blackdog
16.)Big John

Waiting list

Last edited by aqualung on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 6 times in total

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Hello. Was looking at your post. Are you going out on one of the party boats, or chartering? Never been for cod, but I spent 9 hrs. wading the Salmon River in Pulaski for steelhead in December, so it can't be any colder. I've been talking with a few friends about going out for cod w/ the FF as I'm going a bit stir crazy with all the snow and no fishing. I'd love to go out, but can't ditch them if they want to fish. I'll be talking to them tomorrow, as we had planned to go Mon/Tues, but the wind and crowds will be worse. Once the spring hits I fish a couple times a week, starting on the CT River and then by June out in the LIS. Don't have a big boat, so I usually charter a few times a month and am always looking for guys who will fish regularly. Lot's of friends who want to, but few who will actually go on a regular basis. Anyway, if you need one to a few people, LMK, and I can give you a definative answer by tomorrow evening. If anyone else reading this is interested in splitting charters at points, shoot me a message. Right now I'm looking at a light tackle tuna trip in early June before I head down to Hatteras later in the month. I fish my dinky little skiff from Niantic to Stonington all summer, and then usually charter with Jack Balint several times in the fall, light tackle striper fishing. Check out the video from a late Novemeber day when we managed to slip over to Montauk. I basically fish up and down the coast, fresh and salt water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVTWpwOmOUg

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Sorry RNA, I did skip some details. (ooops I fixed it)
The trip would be on the Island Current II boat out of Snug Harbor RI
please refer to this link http://islandcurrent.com/public_html/codfish.cfm
I am looking to charter the boat like I mentioned for Wed. the 23rd.
I need to get 14 more bodies to make the trip a go, I have several people in the works so it looks pretty good this will happen.
I was just on the FF yesterday as per my post. If the fish are there and hungry the Island Current is a better choice than the FF IMHO
I will keep this thread up to date on further developments, or feel free to contact me via PM.

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Awesome to have you and your bud on board this trip redneckangler

Trip is filling up

I still have a few spots I still need to fill,

c'mon boys get out from behind those computer screens and lets go fishin! Go Fish

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Only 1 spot left for this trip, then it will go to a waiting list

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:16 pm

New sailing time 11:30 PM Gotta love it

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:43 am

aqualung

New sailing time 11:30 PM Gotta love it

What's that all about?

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Been a great night bite lately, so they are fishing when they are feeding..It's been a bait bite

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:05 pm

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!HOPE YOU GUYZ CRUSHEM!!!!!

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:11 pm

tbob55

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!HOPE YOU GUYZ CRUSHEM!!!!!

Thanks Bobby...going to be a little strange 2 trips now without you along...WTF, guess you are making the dow so you can pay for my next trip huh !! Thanks bud!!

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 am

Hey Bob (aqualung)
If you are planning cod trips this year on the AMERICAN CLASSIC (or other boats) Let me know. I can get bodies for you some time too. Hope you had a great year. Our charters were the norm this year (still in the black). Giant tuna trips were not anywhere like last year except no boat problems this time. Fun fishing for stripper, tog, fluke (which sucked), and shark was great with the guys I do that with when not on charters.

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 am

Hey Capt Phil, good to hear your season was a good one.
I guess I didn't miss much with the fluke season as I did not get out once because of work.
I have no idea at this point what, if any charters I will put together this winter cod season. This may be the last season for cod from the block if current regulations are any indication.

I have a great source for charters tho if that's what you are looking for you and your buddies can sign up here.

http://fisharkadventures.proboards.com/index.cgi

I have belonged to that site for a while and do many charters with him (Marc) it's a great source for private charters.
Great selection of charters, from up here to Fla, Alaska and even South America.

Please be sure to mention Aqualung sent you, and your buddies.
Hope to see you there too.

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links