Tbob & I set out for Rye NH at about 3:00 AM Sat morning for what we thought would be 2 days of fishing. We were at the boat and loaded up by about 5:45 for our 6:00 AM departure, I decided to crawl up in the only open bunk for a nap on the way out while Bob decided he wanted to suit up on dry land for some reason, well the trip got off to a little bit of a late start waiting for me to arrive, the captain spotted me down below...Geeeeez what are bunks for?
It was a beautiful morning seas calm as could be and we arrived at our fishing destination at about 8:00 AM.
We started out with the jigs for pollock, fish were hitting pretty well and plenty were flying over the rail. After a couple hours or so of that the capt decides he wants to try and put us on some Haddock, well there were a few caught and a few small cod keepers as well but the majority of fish coming over the rail were the protected dog fish.
Capt tried a couple other spots and could not shake the dog fish so back to were we started with the pollock, and once again plenty of pollock flying over the rail. We could not have asked for a better weather day for the end of Oct, seas were calm fishing in t shirts. When we returned to the dock, I turned my cell phone on only to receive a voice message our trip for Sunday was cancelled.
We only were able to fish one of the two days we planned but the one day was a beauty. The pool winner was a monster pollock at 23 pounds, pic below of that beauty.

Posted Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you guys had a good day.

Posted Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:07 pm

looks like a lot of good sized fish there!..............................Now to the important stuff. Who out caught who? Very Happy

Posted Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 pm

carp13

looks like a lot of good sized fish there!..............................Now to the important stuff. Who out caught who? Very Happy

This was one of those "too close to call" trips Wink

Posted Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:08 pm

I'd take a cooler full of pollock any day of the week.
Looks like a productive day trip.
Wish I was there.
My freezer is bone empty.
Gotta get my chit together and get out there.

Posted Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:19 pm

By the way, T-Bob looks pretty wide awake and alert on the tail end of the trip. Then again, the fish aren't even filleted yet.

Posted Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:22 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links