Thats what I paid for a fresh swordfish steak in Hamden two weeks ago...best fish I ever had but DAMN!

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Was that fish market next door to the bait shop that wanted to charge you 3.50 a dozen for green crabs?? That would explain it.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 am

Nope Smile

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 am

i have learned to never ever calculate the cost of eating out. Most of the time it will just make you cry. What you can get from the store, compared to what you get at an eat out joint is just retarded. It makes you feel even worse if its a fish you could catch yourself. I am all catch and release so not a big deal in my book. I fish for fun not to feed the family, everyone knows with all the money i spend on gear i could get what ever i wanted at the store, and still save a huge pile of cash.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm

I didn't see where he said he ate out??
I can't say I blame you for not eating freshwater fish

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 pm

your right, i was just hoping at that price

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:52 pm

angryjohn

i have learned to never ever calculate the cost of eating out. Most of the time it will just make you cry. What you can get from the store, compared to what you get at an eat out joint is just retarded. It makes you feel even worse if its a fish you could catch yourself. I am all catch and release so not a big deal in my book. I fish for fun not to feed the family, everyone knows with all the money i spend on gear i could get what ever i wanted at the store, and still save a huge pile of cash.

I purchased that from a local fish outlet..I loved the quality of the fish after I cooked it myself...I was just shocked at the price of fresh swords at this time of the year.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links