Hey all,

First off I'd like to say hello and introduce myself to this new board. My names Tyler, 22 years old and grown up in Fairfield, CT fishing the LIS and local ponds from the time i could hold a fishing rod.

With that being said, a friend of mine and myself, have been talking about carp fishing for some time now and we've decided to give it a go. The LIS fishery and local largemouth and smallies aren't cutting it anymore..

I've done some research and believe I have the gear and bait situation down, but my question at hand is 'Where to go'.

It seems that most carp fishing is at least a 30+ minute drive for us, so I'm wondering if anyone could chime in of any local spots closer to me in Fairfield?? I've heard Gould Manor Park holds carp, so we many start there.. any other suggestions??

Thanks in advance for the help and support. Happy to be apart of this new board.

Tight lines! <*(((>{

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Welcome to the group Tyler. Can't help you with the carp, but I'm sure someone will! Enjoy the site!

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:46 pm

ive caught carp in smaller streams that branch off from bigger rivers such as the eight mile. the fishing may be spotty but its always worth a shot. and even the farmington river might have some carp if thats closer to you.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 pm

tons of large carp in the thames river. Seen some two footers lately that were huge. go up the river in the 8th street crossing direction and there all over. Tons of them also in salmon cove off the ct river.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Tyler make your own dough balls with dough and cornflakes and red die. Works great. Kettle Town State Park has some big carp.

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:55 am

Hello and welcome,I live in East Hartford, Ct fished for Carp in the Connecticut river in any cove with worms & bread the bigest one was 35lbs on 6 lb line at the Enfield dam back in the year 1975 the line that I used was made by Garcia called River Mist made in Rockville Ct the reel was a Michell garcia 300

Posted Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:14 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links