Do we have confirmation of the number attending? I went by there on Friday afternoon and got kind of the same impression, but without knowing how many would be attending, can't make the call. Although Lake Williams/Williams Lake (or whatever) is fine too.

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Launched at 7:20 AM. Water temp 72 in main body at launch. Picked up a few runts on Zoom fluke. Went down channel and into second large area. Picked up a few on fluke and small calico swim bait. This second area connected around island to third larger area. Closer to channel found shallow branch area with many old beds1 foot deep. Spotty lily pads surrounded this spot and depth dropped off to about 3-4 feet. Bass picking off frye and was easy pickings using fluke without weight. Best spot near waterfall at end of channel. Rock ledge dropped off to 15 ft depth. Dragged fluke over edge and hooked nice fish which broke my knot. Should have re tied after all those runts. grabbed another rod and threw craw pappy over edge and hooked 18" LMB.
This place has potential, but I don't feel comfortable with the after fishing session. Parking area is in residential area. Sign says not to park on grass, but when I left, everyone on pond had their car on the grass. Sign says not motors, but met a local on the pond and he was electrified. He said electric OK. He was targeting Calicos and was doing well. Large water areas 3-5 feet deep. Channel 6-9 feet deep. Close to falls up to 15 feet deep.

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Fished from 5pm to 9. Second time in here. Not just residential......it's Essex residential, but it's not that big a deal...while I was photog my fish the kids across the street were launching rockets at me. Killin'em with a frog. Stuck the best in the live tub for a pic and then put it back. 20"....4.6lbs. I agree. May not be the best place for a party...but I'll keep fishing here, cause I stopped counting at a dozen. I never even made it to the falls Mac. Keep posting so I know where you're heading. If it's the 8th...Im still in!

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:21 pm

Nice fish RX. Once I saw all the cars parked on the lawn off the parking area (even though signs say not to), realized this spot might be big enough to support our needs. Just worried that IF we get the random local bitching about grass parking while we are there, the local law might be called on us and not sure if a few open beers would be an issue. When I left at 2:30ish, about a dozen cars in the lot. Mostly kayak paddlers. Only saw 2 other yaks fishing as I left and 1 small boat. Definitely plenty of bass here and I will be back.

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:17 am

Ya know there are some nice lakes in the northern part of CT? I'm just saying there some good ones. Dog pond, tyler, burr, etc..... They are all fairly small and good for a small get together.

Last edited by x182dan on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 am

Have yak will travel. . . .

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:52 pm

x182dan

Ya know there are some nice lakes in the northern part of CT? I'm just saying there some good ones. Dog pond, tyler, burr, etc..... They are all fairly small and good for a small get together.

Mill Pond has plenty of room to spread out. Not interested in too small a pond if we get 6+ people. Not worth being crowded. Last year we fished Williams Lake and had a good time. Party boats don't come out til noon. We started at 7AM and arrived back at launch at 1PM.

At this point in time, I think Mill Pond or Williams would be good picks. Mill Pond has electric motor only, so it will be quiet. Williams may have more to offer with large weed areas, as well as clear shallows and deep structure.

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Those spots would be more than big enough. Its just a thought on some places no one has mentioned.

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Never having been to Williams (this is in Lebanon correct?), I'd kind of like to go there if anyone cares. Looks like there's plenty of diversity from the overhead view. I'd like to fish some deeper water than Mill is. I highly doubt there would be any issues about having a cookout at Mill Pond ( I've spoken to a couple of people from Falls River Dr and they said people do party there) but I'd rather a confirmed spot that there will be absolutely no issues. I'm tight with the resident trooper in Essex, but if she gets a bee in her bonnet...she dont mess around!! Next question...if the get together is at Williams, is there enough fishing there for a couple of days? I'm thinking of getting a camp site there sat-mon if there's one left by the time we decide and its a nice weekend.

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Several islands in both Northern and southern ends. Also have plateaus in several areas of the lake which are marked with buoys. Northern end has a LARGE area that is completely matted with lilly pads. You could spend days picking through that area.

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 am

I'm good with going back to Williams. Are we all still ok with the date?? Should we come up with a deadline date for food reasons??

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Looks like Lake Williams in Lebanon (272 acres) is the place. Sunday, July 8th is the date.
Start time 7AM and back to dock at 1PM. If you launch early and do some fishing before 7AM, just be back at launch site at 7 for the official start. Nothing caught before 7AM will qualify for lunker pool.
I'll modify the measurement strips from last year to be a bit more rigid so it will be easier to lay fish on and take a picture for Lunker pool.
Lunker pool at $10 like last year? CASH ONLY, NO CHECKS.
Must have camera/phone to take pic of your fish to qualify for pool. Most of us are catch & release, but if you keep em, we'll measure at launch site at 1PM.
Post if you will be attending so we can figure out lunch for after. Everyone usually just posts what they can bring for a food item and we figure it out as we go. BYOB is the norm.

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Mac, I was working on my answer to your PM when I noticed this post. Williams is fine by me. Unless something comes up at the last minute, I'm in. Gas grill or charcoal, I can bring a large gas tank if needed. I guess now we just need numbers.

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Trying to get a camp site for that wknd. Either way, I'm in. I'll bring a roof for some shade, and whatever food is needed. I think its about 10x8. If you decide a couple more boats would be good, I have a couple buddies from another site that prob would come. Quality guys!! Whatever works for you folks. It also wouldnt bother me to up the ante a little to spice up the pot, and maybe include a payout for biggest non-bass, or adding a second species. Just a thought. Looking forward to it.

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:45 pm

rxpxtx

I'll bring a roof for some shade, and whatever food is needed. I think its about 10x8. If you decide a couple more boats would be good, I have a couple buddies from another site that prob would come. Quality guys!! Whatever works for you folks. It also wouldnt bother me to up the ante a little to spice up the pot, and maybe include a payout for biggest non-bass, or adding a second species. Just a thought. Looking forward to it.

Don't think we'll need a canopy for shade. As I recall, there was a large tree right next to the parking area where we hung out after fishing. Seemed to offer plenty of shade. Anyone can join in. This is just a good time to fish, meet new people, see how others modify their rigs, and have a friendly wager on the catch (pool $ and species can be discussed through future posts).

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links