Spent the day floating the river with my dad. We put in at the trout hachery, which is a good site, but you have to drive in a posted no car area to launch unless you want to carry a boat or yat about 300 yards, not my idea of fun. Got started and my lure was missing all the fish. After missing 10 or so good bites in the first 15 min, i used my pliers to turn the hooks inward a little and changed my raito to about 90% good hookups. From that point it was on. T got into over a dozen brown trout in about an hour. Then i got a 17" rainbow my only, and largest fish of the day. Boated 2 half pound smallies, and 4 smaller ones. There are two sections of the river that get very shallow and we had to rock our way out of the shallows. The height on the guage was supposed to be 8' but perfection would be around 10 or so, hopefuly raising the two shallow sections. Best day i have ever had on the river, with family, and way more fish. I had suckers, perch, and sunnies to, and was at a point where i was hooking into a fish almost every cast.

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links