Im thinkin you put to much line on your spool!! Or it is line twist , a good trick to get rid of line twist is as soon as u see your line twisting wile spoolin up your reel,just flip over your new spool of line, seen it on Bill Dance!! Line conditioner helps too!! And if the line is OLD it will do that too!!!<°><

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 pm

bestofthabest

Im thinkin you put to much line on your spool!! Or it is line twist , a good trick to get rid of line twist is as soon as u see your line twisting wile spoolin up your reel,just flip over your new spool of line, seen it on Bill Dance!! Line conditioner helps too!! And if the line is OLD it will do that too!!!<°><

To much line is a major problem when using floro, just a bit to much and its all over the place. Trying to get that last bit on the reel because it costs so much, just gives you a headache on the water.

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:52 am

thanks for the tips guys.

last weekend i spooled the rest of the line (trilene transoptic 8lb) and it worked great! the reel i got (a shimano sonora) is orange and ironically this line turns bright orange in the afternoon sun but is clear underwater. it seems pretty strong....it tried to haul in the tree i caught and i feared the rod would break before the line did (luckily, i was able to cut the remaining line out of the tree)

i was at walmart with a friend who rarely fishes and after telling him my winding woes he pointed and said "would that help?" and showed me a little box you put your spools in. it was only 6 bucks and it helped immeasurably. i just wish power-pro line fit in there too.

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 10:16 am

power pro is braid and you were using mono. They are totally different types of line. I don't know why people are recommending power pro. Power pro is a great braid but its not mono. Braid is also a lot small diameter per pound compared to mono/fluo. Learn the differences between the types of line and then go from there.

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links