Heading up to Altmar, NY tomorrow. Going to be a balmy 29 degrees Saturday and snow on Sunday. Hoping for some nice steelhead action to warm me up! Very Happy

Posted Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Back in upstate NY. Got the skunk out early with a big female steelie on the fly. Not the prettiest fish, but she ran me 60-70 yards down the river. I'm surprised we both weren't floating down the river belly up. Tomorrow the real fishing begins.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:38 pm

What a day! No trophy steelhead, but fish all day long! Be hard to top. Pics when I get back.

Last edited by redneckangler on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Nice!! look forward to the pics .....I gotta say the "Epic" word strikes a nerve with me.... Rolling Eyes

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Removed the offensive term Lung Smile It was one of those days that was actually embarrassing to talk about with the number of people up here who fish all day and never catch a fish. Gotta give credit to Scott, who would put us in places where we were on fish and people 30-40 yards away caught squat. Once I'd pull half a dozen fish and completely worked the section we'd move on. Guys would be stumbling to get on the played out spot and still catch squat. I went back this evening after the stompers moved out and caught the fish that had settled back in. Helluva day

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:16 pm

No need to remove your lingo RNA...I'm an ol timer and for some reason today's term "epic " is not the same epic I grew up with...LMAO
Good to hear you smacked em, always nice when you can catch and everyone around can watch Wink

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links