I'm getting pumped up for a trip Big John and I are doing this week.
We sail out of Lynn Mass at 8PM Wed. night and we will be steaming about 12 hours to the untouched fishing grounds, fishing for about 12 hours, this is a recon trip for the capt. so anything is possible. We are scheduled to return sometime Friday Go Fish Go Fish

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Hope you have smooth seas. Good luck.

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Nice!..........Cod?..........Pollack?....................Good luck and return safe!

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:48 am

Me to lung.....

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks guys....

Seas appear to be kicking up a bit for Thursday & Friday John but the area I think we will be headed still looks doable...I have message into one of the mates, if he gets back to me, I will let you know John

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Uuugggg Last minute changes to the regulations won't allow us to go....fu k'n BS

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:39 pm

please explain changes ? what happen that fked your trip .....

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:31 pm

The exemption he had to fish the area was withdrawn

I'm sure more info will follow

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Did ya fish??

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 am

Nope not the 'Mega trip' That was canceled due to the Fishcrats in our wonderful Goverment, ya know the clueless ones.

We did fish however on the Island Current out of Snug Harbow yesterday and fishing was TERRIBLE for most except John managed 5 cod....30 fares on the boat, my guess is 12 fish caught, Johnd had almost half of them Rolling Eyes
I'm headed to Boston tonight to do my last groundfishing trip for a while on the American Classic, I need to shift gears and go into puppy care mode.

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 pm

how did you make out Sat Lung?

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:22 pm

john7110

how did you make out Sat Lung?

The whole boat pulled about 12 fish over the rail... small cod, cusk and 1 Haddock is all I saw, it was just as good as another recent trip I/we were on.
What a lousy year Ive had for winter ground fishing, Out of 8 trips I did win 2 pools but in both cases the fish was nothing special, it was just a fish, just a small to average fish. Not one trip can I say I slammed fish.
Here comes the opening of Cod season for the GOM on the 16th of April, and I saw the amount life perking up on the bank, the bait is there, so are the whales and dolphins, bring on the Cod.

Let the captain himself tell you how fishing has been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wZ-SCVqmD6Q#!

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:46 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links