started at norwich harbor this morn,looking for some snapper blues.i got there at 5 am,some bunker and stripers working by the gas dock at the marina.only a couple guys fishing,one had a nice 30 inch plus striper on the dock,caught it chunking.i was throwing a 2oz storm shad,i felt alot of bumps,must have been bounceing off bunker.after the 20th cast or so i had a huge hit,set the hook,and the battle begun,it was give and take for a few min,then i was starting to gain,then nothing,i thought i broke off,but when i got it in i had everything,unknown if it was a striper or blue.i stayed for anouther half hour with nothing,the action moved over by the police station.so i headed over to dock rd.to my suprise the place was empty,only 2 trailers in the parking lot.i put on my snapper popper started casting,had a bunch of follows,finaly i land a 6 inch snapper,mad a few more cast ended up with a bunch of 3-5 inch.i stayed for a couple hours and nothing larger were hitting,down river by the montville power plant were a mess of birds workinh the whole time i was there.i could see a large area splashing around.time to bring the boat

Posted Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:28 am

Night time from the docks is always a good time, Those bigger fish are more active and more frequent. Boat launch, big docks, and copshop side all usually produce.

Posted Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:13 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links